Monday, December 8, 2008

If I Take One More Drink,


>They can't hurt you unless you let them.
>Don't wait til everything is just right, it will never be perfect,
there will always be challenges, obstacles and less
than perfect conditions so what, get started now, with
each step you take you will grow stronger, more skilled,
and more self-confident.
>Too many people overvalue what they are not, and undervalue
what they are.
>Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder,
spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals
the human spirit.
>Laugh at yourself, but don't ever aim your doubt at yourself,
be bold, when you embark in strange places don't leave any of
yourself safely on shore, have the nerve to go into unexpected
territory.
>You have to believe in yourself.
>But the real secret to total gorgeousness is to believe in
yourself, and try to be secure in your decisions and thoughts.
>Jealousy is invariably a sympton of neurotic insecurity.
> Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
>
It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think
you're not.
>
We have to learn to be our own best friends because we
fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies.
>
Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.
>
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
>
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
>The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.
>
I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn't fall down.
>
A man with confidence shall not lose; only doubt will bring defeat.
> Believe that you have it, and you have it.
> Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.
>Do not attempt to do a thing unless you are sure of yourself;
but do not relinquish it simply because someone else is not sure
of you.


-- I believe that ever since 9th grade, I've doubted myself a little
more than I use too. For some reason, what people think has
taken over my mind than what I think of myself. I want to stop
this self-doubt because I know I am beautiful, smart, talented,
and a great person. I just need to believe. But its hard to believe.
One of the quotes above mention that if you start to be in doubt,
there is no room for anything else, and I need to make that room.
I want to be the leader now, I don't want to follow someone
because I'm afraid to be myself. I want people to be like "I want
that girl to be my friend". Honestly popularity can come two ways
as I see it, there is the fake popular, and the naturally popular.
The difference is the naturally popular just believe in themselves
more than the fake. I love being around certain people because
they are so confident in themselves. I only get jealous of people
when they have faith in themselves. Not because of anything
else. Its weird huh. I want to be the girl that no one can forget,
the one you can't seem to stop thinking about because she is
so freaking confident, its hard to let her go. Even when you
try. Mostly I just want to go back to being happy with myself.
So when someone doesn't invite me to hang out, I'll be fine.
I'll be like super happy. I want to accept myself. I want to point
out my flaws and not care because the only opinion that will
ever matter, is MINE (: I will be this confident one day, just
give me time,to get out of this funk. Its gonna happen, I can feel it.
Mmhmm, its how I felt today. Self-doubt. I will be in charge
of myself, I will control myself. NO one else will. If I am not
me, who will be?! I'm ready to embrace the new me. I want
to believe self-doubt will never bother me. And it won't :D
Anyway, goodnight.

No comments: